street photography meetup

Street photography is like fishing. It rewards standing in one spot and being ready to catch things coming your way.

On Saturday I tried a new meetup group, street photography organized by Nathan Harmond. We met at Central station, in the park opposite. Quite a number of people turned up. The mission was to go into the streets of Sydney and shoot anything interesting of course. We initially split up into 2 groups of about a dozen each, but I opted to split further into a group of one. My subject started with pedestrians, then cool kids, cyclists, and scooters. My settings of choice were a few major intersections, thinking that if you wait long enough then something weird will happen every now and again. I finished at the corner of Broadway and City Road Chippendale with a low late afternoon sun.

27 photos
https://plus.google.com/photos/108473766390167102000/albums/5765674433190141329