Ceramics by Cherie Peyton













The other day another artist from the studios, Cherie, asked me to photograph some of her ceramic work. I felt joy, as I knew that this would give me a chance to work with some finely finished lace like pieces that cast terrific shadows. Three different ceramic bowls, in three slightly different looks and levels of drama.

The setup was mostly a top center flash with honeycomb. But of course each shot had specific fine tuning, like with a front softbox and speedlites at various angles. Tethering into Darktable. Incidentally, I figured out two things: 1) portrait orientation gives uneven horizontal exposure, as this became visible when everything in the scene was symmetrical; and 2) when correcting for whitebalance in post, tune to the second histogram peak rather than the first peak.

cheriepeytonceramicart.com